I had hoped to get the exterior finished this weekend but I came up a little short. Still, a super productive weekend.
• Caulked and sealed all gaps, cracks and openings
• Covered all edges with lightweight galvanized "angle iron"
• Painted ¾ of the tiny Casita, including the roof with 3 coats of rubberized water barrier paint. This stuff is great! It’s super thick, but goes on easy like paint. Only down side is that it’s only available in a few color options.
• Cut, painted and installed the green siding panels. These are Hardie Backer cement board. They're heavy but they'll also last forever.
• Installed stainless siding, and a window on one side of the loft.
• Cut and installed front window
• Ripped and installed furring strips on front section. I was having second thoughts about using the exterior sheathing as siding so i came up with an idea to use these vertical strips. I hope that this gives it a more finished and intentional look. If not, I might have to think about another siding option.
This is where I ended the weekend. I haven't finished the roof in the loft because I'm still working up there and don't want to be crawling around. I'll save that for very last. Also need to track down a used exterior french or sliding door. All indications are that I'll finish exterior next weekend.