Translate

Monday, April 9, 2012

Time for a well-deserved break!

Another busy weekend on the Tiny Casita. I can say without a doubt, this is more work, and especially more time consuming than I expected. Now that the exterior is almost finished, I think it’s time for a break. Time to get back on my bike, and more importantly, time to prepare to be a first time dad.

I found a free sliding door from a guy on Craigslist. I really want french doors so this is likely just a place holder but I think it looks really good, especially for free!



I spent most of my day-off on Friday perfecting the texture and paint color of the “living room” section. After 3 coats of water barrier paint, I mixed together a couple of old cans of exterior paint I had laying around. It took a couple tries but I finally landed on this light gray. Light enough to reflect heat and help keep the Casita cool. 




Two coats of the light gray, and a final coat with the texture added to the paint. The texture gives the appearance of Stucco, which I really like.



Next I worked on getting the wood panels installed on the “bedroom”. These are actually an underlayment intended for use under tile. It’s water resistant as well as resistant to mold and has a great appreance when coated with clear waterproof finish.






I installed the stainless panels on the loft, and installed the window. 


Drip rail along the roof, and started installing the storm guard roofing. Next weekend I'll install the roofing. Still deciding between standing seam metal roofing, corrugate steel, or corrugate panels.



I’ve decided not to finish the backside exterior for now. Most of the mechanicals will be over the axels and I will need to create exterior access doors and vents. 




This is where I ended the weekend. Looks really good, if I do say so myself!


No comments: